Rapid fire questions so students are up and
down and don’t have time to think.
Stand up/ Yes Sit down/ No
Is today Monday?
Do you have blue eyes?
Do vegetarians eat meat?
Do you have brown hair?
Are you an only child?
Is growing and changing normal?
Should we shower every day?
Do you have an older sister or brother?
Does 10-6 = 4
Is it Spring?
Do boys and girls both go through puberty?
Do you have a younger sister or brother?
Are vegetables good for us?
Do you like pizza?
Does 27+11= 35?
Will you enjoy today?
This is a variation on the icebreakers 1 and 2, using a ball instead:
Sit on the floor in a circle. One person has the ball, facilitator asks question and the student passes the ball to the left as they answer the question. They have to answer before the ball gets back to them. Who ever has the ball when the question is answered has to answer the next question.
Icebreaker 2: Roll the topic
This icebreaker can also help set up group
rules. Example of group rules could be:
- Speak truth.
- Respect other’s viewpoints.
- Don’t interrupt.
- Disagree respectfully.
This activity has no right or wrong answers.
It is meant to be a bit light hearted,
to practise listening to each other.
Rules are, the person who rolls the dice,
answers the question with an explanation.
1. Is having a pet really worth the effort?
2. What are the biggest things adults don’t
understand about teens?
3. Have you ever been on a real adventure
4. What is the biggest change that happens
5. What social media could you not live
6. If you could have a super power,
which would you choose and why?
- What sport do you wish you excelled at?
- What is the biggest difference between boys and girls?
- If you could know one thing about the future what would it be.
- What is the most important relationship you will have in your life?
- How are boys and girls the same?
- Who is the most successful person in Australia right now?
Guess who I am
Each student gets a sticky note (all the same colour). On it they write:
1: Eye and hair colour, height etc
2: How my parents would describe me
3: How my best friend would describe me
4: My strengths/skills (What I am good at)
Important – they do NOT put their name on it, and do not let anyone else see it. Then students fold up their sticky note and throw it in the air. Each student collects one sticky note from the ground. Now they have to guess which student’s note they have. If they get it wrong the paper gets thrown back into the center of the room. If they get it right, the discovered student gets to sit down. Continues until all students have been discovered.
Would you rather?
These are examples of questions that students need to answer in 10 seconds:
1. Would you rather have the ability to see 10 minutes into the future or 150 years into the future?
2. Would you rather have telekinesis (the ability to move things with your mind) or telepathy (the ability to read minds)?
3. Would you rather be forced to sing along or dance to every single song you hear?
4. Would you rather never be able to go out during the day or never be able to go out at night?
5. Would you rather find true love today or win the lottery next year?
6. Would you rather be in jail for five years or be in a coma for a decade?
7. Would you rather be 3 feet tall or 8 feet tall?
8. Would you rather be chronically under-dressed or overdressed?
9. Would you rather have everyone you know be able to read your thoughts or for everyone you know to have access to your Internet history?
10. Would you rather lose your sight or your memories?
11. Would you rather have universal respect or unlimited power?
12. Would you rather give up air conditioning and heating for the rest of your life or give up the Internet for the rest of your life?
13. Would you rather always be 10 minutes late or always be 20 minutes early?
14. Would you rather spend a week in the forest or a night in a real haunted house?
15. Would you rather always take a cold shower or sleep an hour less than you need to be fully rested?
16. Would you rather always get first dibs or the last laugh?
17. Would you rather always have to say everything on your mind or never speak again?
18. Would you rather always lose or never play?
19. Would you rather always wear earmuffs or a nose plug?
20. Would you rather always win pie-eating contests or always win wheelbarrow races?
21. Would you rather be a deep sea diver or an astronaut?
22. Would you rather be a dog named Killer or a cat named Fluffy?
23. Would you rather be a giant mouse or a tiny rhino?
24. Would you rather be able to hear any conversation or take back anything you say?
25. Would you rather be able to read everyone’s mind all the time or always know their future?
26. Would you rather be able to stop time or fly?
27. Would you rather be born with an elephant trunk or a giraffe neck?
28. Would you rather be forced to tell your best friend a lie or tell your parents the truth?
29. Would you rather be forgotten or hatefully remembered?
30. Would you rather be hairy all over or completely bald?
31. Would you rather be happy for 8hrs/day and poor or sad for 8hr/day and rich?
32. Would you rather be invisible or be able to read minds?
33. Would you rather be rich and ugly, or poor and good looking?
34. Would you rather be stranded on an island alone or with someone you hate?
35. Would you rather be the most popular or the smartest person you know?
36. Would you rather be the sand castle or the wave?
37. Would you rather not be able to use your phone or your e-mail?
38. Would you rather only be able to whisper or only be able to shout?
39. Would you rather own a ski lodge or a surf camp?
40. Would you rather publish your diary or make a movie on your most embarrassing moment?
41. Would you rather spend the day surfing the internet or the ocean?
42. Would you rather have one wish granted today or three wishes granted in 10 years?
43. Would you rather visit the Doctor or the Dentist?
44. Would you rather have a shower or a bath?
45. Would you rather eat a stick of butter or a kg of ice cream?
46. Would you rather eat a stick of margarine or five tablespoons of hot pepper sauce?
47. Would you rather end hunger or hatred?
48. Would you rather find true love or 10 million dollars?
49. Would you rather get caught singing in the mirror or spying on your crush?
50. Would you rather get even or get over it?
51. Would you rather give bad advice or take bad advice?
52. Would you rather give up your computer or your pet?
53. Would you rather go to an amusement park or to a family reunion?
54. Would you rather go without internet or junk food for the rest of your life?
55. Would you rather have a missing finger or have an extra toe?
56. Would you rather have x-ray vision or bionic hearing?
57. Would you rather kiss a jellyfish or step on a crab?
58. Would you rather make headlines for saving somebody’s life or winning a nobel prize?
59. Would you rather meet an alien visitor or travel to outer space?